CloudDirect℠ provides a cost-effective, secure, and private connection to Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and other Public Clouds.
What are the benefits of using Atlantic Metro’s CloudDirect℠ Service?
- Private connectivity to Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and other Public Clouds
- Increased levels of security.
- Affordable rates and reduced costs for data transfer.
- Faster connection speeds ranging from 10 Mbps–10 Gbps.
- Consistent network performance.
- Improved application performance.
CloudDirect℠ Virtual LAN Link (VLL)
- Connectivity to AWS Direct Connect and Microsoft ExpressRoute via an existing Metro Ethernet over Copper or Fiber service from Atlantic Metro
- Cost-effective option for lower traffic users that need a secure connection.
- Can be layered on existing Atlantic Metro connectivity without the need to add capacity to the existing service. (Traffic on a VLL cannot exceed the speed of your existing Atlantic Metro connection and does not add capacity to your Metro Ethernet services.)
- Simultaneous access to both AWS Direct Connect/Microsoft ExpressRoute and the public Internet via Atlantic Metro’s Metro Ethernet network.
CloudDirect℠ Dedicated LAN Link (DLL)
- Connectivity to AWS Direct Connect or Microsoft ExpressRoute via a fully dedicated Ethernet circuit.
- Best suited for businesses that need an independent circuit to access their public cloud services.
- Available in all of Atlantic Metro’s New York data center locations, carrier hotels, and local Metro Ethernet loops.
Connections to your public cloud without CloudDirect℠ have more latency, do not have a guaranteed level of service, and are less secure.
CloudDirect℠ makes it easy to establish a dedicated network connection from your premise to your public cloud environment. Using this service, you can establish private connectivity between your cloud environment and your data center, office, or colocation environment, which in many cases can reduce your network costs, increase bandwidth throughput, and provide a more consistent network experience than Internet-based connections.
CloudDirect℠ lets you establish a dedicated network connection between your network and your cloud environment. Using industry standard 802.1q VLANs, this dedicated connection can be partitioned into multiple virtual interfaces. This allows you to use the same connection to access both public and private resources while maintaining network separation between the public and private environments. Virtual interfaces can be reconfigured at any time to meet your changing needs.
When to use CloudDirect℠
There are several use cases for which CloudDirect℠ is desirable, including:
- Working with Large Data Sets – Transferring large data sets over the Internet can be time consuming and expensive. If you are like most businesses, you have procured just enough bandwidth to meet your web and email needs, and share that Internet connection across the entire enterprise. When you use the cloud, you can find that transferring large data sets can be slow because your business’s critical network traffic is contending for bandwidth with your other Internet usage. To decrease the amount of time required to transfer your data, you could increase the bandwidth to your Internet service provider, which frequently requires a costly contract renewal and a minimum commitment. With CloudDirect℠, you can transfer your business critical data directly from your data center, office, or colocation environment into and from your cloud environment, bypassing your Internet service provider and removing network congestion. Furthermore, CloudDirect℠’s simple pay as-you-go pricing, and no minimum commitment means you pay only for the network ports you use and the data you transfer over the connection, which can greatly reduce your networking costs.
- Real-time Data Feeds – Applications that use real-time data feeds can also benefit from using CloudDirect℠. For example, applications which require voice and video perform best when network latency remains constant. Network latency over the Internet can vary given that the Internet is constantly changing how data gets from point A to B. With CloudDirect℠, you control how your data is routed, which can provide a more consistent network experience over Internet-based connections.
- Hybrid Environments – CloudDirect℠ can help you build hybrid environments that satisfy regulatory requirements requiring the use of private connectivity. Hybrid environments allow you to combine the elasticity and economic benefits of cloud services with the ability to utilize other infrastructure that you already own.
- Reduces Your Bandwidth Costs – You can reduce your bandwidth commitment to your Internet service provider by transferring data to and from the cloud directly. All data transferred over your dedicated connection is charged at the reduced data transfer rate.
- Consistent Network Performance – You choose the data that utilizes the dedicated connection and how that data is routed which can provide a more consistent network experience over Internet-based connections.
- Compatible with all AWS & Azure Services – CloudDirect℠ works with all AWS & Azure services that are accessible over the Internet.
- Private Connectivity to your VPC – You can use CloudDirect℠ to establish one or more private logical connections between your on-premise network and your VPC while maintaining network isolation.
- Elastic – CloudDirect℠ allows for connections of 10 Mbps to 10Gbps, and you can easily provision multiple connections if you need more capacity. You can also use these services instead of establishing your own VPN connection.